Ten Tips for Making Sure Your Contractor Is on the Level
- Hire only licensed contractors.
- Check the contractor’s license number by utilizing our Online Contractor Search or by contacting the Nevada State Contractors Board:
||2310 Corporate Circle, Ste 200
Henderson, NV 89074
||9670 Gateway Drive, Ste 100
Reno, NV 89521
Hours of Operation
Monday - Friday
8:00am - 5:00pm
- Get three references and review past work.
- Get at least three bids.
- Get a written contract and do not sign anything until you
completely understand the terms.
- For pool contracts, pay 10% down or $1,000 - whichever is less, if a deposit
- Don’t let payments get ahead of the work. Keep a record of all payments.
Don’t make a final payment until you are satisfied with the job.
- Don’t pay cash.
- Keep a job file of all papers relating to your project.
- Check the contractor’s record with the Better Business Bureau in your area or visit their website at www.bbb.org